Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reconstruction

I reckon that I am a bored man, or a very foolish one. I have decided to remodel part of the basement of the house I live in which I finished remodeling just under a year ago. The primary reason is because this will give us more living space, which we need; and one less bedroom, which we don't necessarily need. Hopefully people will like this as we will be listing our house on the market again in the spring. So Obama had better make some changes and people need to continue in their American Way of overspending and racking up debt. After all, credit is the American Way right? I saw something at adventconspiracy.org that was interesting. Americans spent like 450 billion on Christmas each year. 450 billion. Wow. That number is really staggering. Especially when the best gift one could receive at Christmas is free. In order to show people that that gift is worth it and that we like them, I guess we have to spend 450 billion dollars. I wonder how much of that 450 billion is put on credit cards and not immediately paid off? I would imagine most of it if I know America at all.
So I'm off topic. My basement remodel will hopefully allow my house to sell quickly in the spring and make at least enough to cover the cost of it. If I'm really lucky perhaps I'll even come out on top so that the hundreds of hours spent finishing it last year will come to fruition. So, wish me well...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...