Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Observations on Observing

This post is going to be one on observation. Since attending Multnomah Bible College years ago (man time goes quickly), I have really begun to learn to observe things. It began in my Bible Study Methods class but then began to encroach upon many other parts of my life. As a guy, I tend to think in boxes, each individualized and separate, so this observing thing is getting out of hand. I notice things about the world around me, about systems, about glaring problems at my place of work and elsewhere, and all sorts of other things. One of the problems I'm running into regarding the problems, is that once I notice them, I have to think about them and try to figure out how to fix them. And then usually I will figure out how to fix them, get 70-80% of the problem fixed, but then see another problem and fail to finish the first problem. So then I am surrounded by various problems which are only 3/4 fixed, but the last quarter is the main problem. Perhaps I need to stop observing things and then I won't have to worry as much. It would be an easier option, however I don't know that I can at this point. So I suppose I should figure out how to finish the problems I address, thereby making less problems in the long run, therefore causing me to need to observe less.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...